2021 Sea Pines POA Board of Directors Election
Nominating Committee Results
Important Election Dates
August 1, 2021
Board of Directors application deadline
August 31, 2021
ASPPPO candidates announced
October 1, 2021
Nomination by Petition deadline
Meet the Candidates
November 1, 2021
ASPPPO Board of Director Election Ballots mailed to ASPPPO Members
December 1, 2021
Ballots must be postmarked for return by December 1, 2021 to be valid.
December 20, 2021
Election results announced by December 20, 2021
The following positions are available commencing on January 1, 2021:
- Three ASPPPO Board seats
ASPPPO Nominating Committee Members
- Greg Thomson
- Barry Barth
- Lee Stevens
- August 1, 2021: ASPPPO Board of Directors application deadline
- During August 2021: Nominating Committee will conduct candidate interviews
- August 31, 2021: ASPPPO Candidates announced
- October 1, 2021: ASPPPO Applications by Petition deadline. Click here to request a petition template.
- TBD: Meet the Candidates
- November 1, 2021: ASPPPO Ballots mailed
- December 1, 2021: Ballots must be postmarked for return by 12/1/2021 to be valid
- By December 20, 2021: Election results announced
A candidate may be nominated by a Member if:
- the nomination is supported by a petition naming the person to be nominated who must be an Owner, spouse of an Owner, a beneficiary of a trust that is an Owner, or an owner of an interest in an entity that is an Owner;
- the petition bears the names, original written signatures, phone numbers and addresses of at least fifty (50) Members;
- the petitioner establishes that the candidate is eligible to be a Director and is ready, willing and able to serve; and
- the petition reaches the Nominating Committee by October 1 prior to the election. Proposed candidates shall be responsible for the integrity of their petitions. Petitions may be audited for compliance with petition requirements. Petitions without valid ASPPPO Member original signatures may be ruled invalid and may be disqualified by a two-thirds vote of the Board.
You can complete this form online (below) or download and complete at your leisure. Please return the downloaded and completed form to 175 Greenwood Drive, HHI, SC 29928 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1, 2021.
In addition to those nominated by the Nominating Committee of Sea Pines POA, persons may be nominated by petition.
The following requirements of the petition process are:
- Petition to be signed by 50 valid Sea Pines POA Members in good standing.
- The candidate has to be willing and able to serve.
- Sea Pines POA By-laws require the petition to reach said Nominating Committee by October 1st, 2021.