The Sea Pines Property Owners Association and The Advisory Board represent residential property owners in Sea Pines. Incorporated in 1973 and nearly 50 years old, we have over 3500 members. Residential property owners represent 92% of the community land value.
Sea Pines was the first and most award-winning planned community. Ever since, competing residential communities have replicated and enhanced Founder Charles Fraser’s vision locally, regionally and nationally. We work to ensure our community keeps up with newer, competing developments.
How We Function
Today, Sea Pines POA and The Advisory Board
- Provide a forum for discussion of problems of mutual interest to Owners and thus encourage the formulation and advancement of ideas and projects which will promote the best interests of property owners
- Provide and fulfill the functions designated to The Advisory Board in the Agreement and Conditional Assignment of Rights
- Provide a channel of communication with the Resort and other commercial entities within Sea Pines Plantation
- Provide a vehicle for expressing opinions and objectives to the Town of Hilton Head Island and other public authorities
- Cooperate with other property owners and civic associations in common goals
- Ensure compliance with all terms and conditions imposed by all agreements, covenants, modifications, revisions, court orders and other documents which affect properties within the Sea Pines community
- Appoint three (3) members to the Sea Pines Architectural Review Board
- Appoint a representative to the CSA Short Term Rental Committee
- Make Land Use Management recommendations for non-conforming properties
- Serve as successor to CSA when certain conditions apply should CSA not be able to perform its duties
- Residential property owners represent 92% of the land value inside our community gates. It is incumbent upon us to advocate for Sea Pines homeowners, our diversity of amenities, and most especially, to protect and enhance our property values.
- Sea Pines was the first and most award-winning planned community. Ever since, competing residential communities have replicated and enhanced Founder Charles Fraser’s vision locally, regionally and nationally. We need to ensure our community keeps up with newer, competing developments.
Sea Pines POA Timeline
Covenants name Association of Sea Pines Plantation Property Owners (ASPPPO) as an organization with the specific right to enforce the 1974 Covenants
Settlement Agreement – limits the number of hotel, motel and/or Inn rooms that could be built in Sea Pines with the approval of Sea Pines Property Owners Association.
CSA was formed
Recognized as successor to The Advisory Board and named as successor to CSA should CSA not be able to perform its duties
Began doing business as SEA PINES PROPERTY OWNERS
Play a bigger role in your community.